A high-calibre, independent jury evaluates the competition entries received and decides on the award winners. Members of the jury are:
- Prof. Dr. Karl Martin Born, University of Vechta
- Luise Fauerbach-Geiken, Akademie Ländlicher Raum e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Harteisen, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Göttingen
- PD Dr. Sylvia Herrmann, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University of Hannover (Chairwoman of the Jury)
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Ines Lüder, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hildesheim
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Neu, Georg-August University Göttingen
- Michael Schier, Savings Banks Association of Lower Saxony
- Prof. Dr. Kim Philip Schumacher, Institute for Geography, University of Osnabrück
- Dr. Verena Otter, Georg-August University Göttingen
- Prof. Dr. Winrich Voß, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University of Hannover
What are the evaluation criteria?
The evaluation of the contributions is based on the innovative content as well as the quality of the concept and conclusions in relation to the sustainable development of rural areas in Lower Saxony. The criteria and their weighting for the evaluation of the entries can be found in the information sheet (see download area).